What Should I Expect at My Rhinoplasty Consultation?
Take full advantage of your Rhinoplasty consultation to answer all your questions and discuss your goals and expectations. Plan ahead. Make a list of your questions and explain what you don’t like and what changes you want.
The following is a list of questions most often asked by patients and advice on how to have a profitable meeting with your surgeon.
- What is your training and board certification (if this has not been checked before the consultation)?
- What is your experience with Rhinoplasty surgery?
- How long have you been doing the operation and how many do you perform each month?
- What percentage of your practice is Rhinoplasty surgery?
- What is the most common operation you do?
- Where do you perform the surgery?
- If not in a hospital, is the facility fully accredited?
- How often do you revise your own Rhinoplasty work?
- Is there an additional charge for your revision surgery?
- What percentage of your Rhinoplasty practice is devoted to revisions of other surgeon’s work?
- What would you do to improve my nose?
- What changes will you make?
- What kind of anesthesia do you use?
- Will you use the open or closed technique?
- If grafts are necessary, where are they harvested?
- Do you use my own tissue for grafts or synthetic material?
- How long will my surgery take?
- Will you pack my nose after surgery, for how long, and with what?
- Where do I stay the night after surgery?
- How long is my recovery? Please describe.
- Will my nasal breathing be better, worse or the same?
- What are the possible complications of my surgery?
- Do you provide instructions regarding pre and post operative activities, diet, and medications?
- How long before I see the results?
- Will you show me results of other patients like me?
- Will you review with me your goals and expectations of this surgery?