Over the years, Drs. Fleming and Mayer have established a reputation as some of the most accomplished Beverly Hills brow lift surgeons. By gently lifting the brows, they provide patients seeking forehead lift in Beverly Hills with results that are truly remarkable yet look completely natural. Please explore the paragraphs below to learn more about various forms of brow lift surgery and to find out if you are a candidate for brow lift in Beverly Hills.
Many patients complain of a tired, sad or angry appearance. For most of these patients, this occurs because their eye brows and forehead have dropped due to the natural aging process. These patients need a forehead or brow lift, to correct the brow position and improve their appearance. A brow lift often kills two birds with one stone. It not only improves brow position but also improves the drooping of the upper eyelids. (Some Beverly Hills brow lift patients may still also need to remove excess skin in the upper eyelids.)
Types of Forehead and Brow Lifts:
1) Endoscopic – The brows are raised through small incisions in the scalp just behind the hairline. This works best in patients with low hairlines and mild brow droop. For patients with more extensive aging and excess skin, this procedure gives less favorable results because you can not remove the excess skin, which most patients need, and it raises the hairline.
2) Eyebrow or Mid-Forehead Approach – Incisions are made just above the eyebrow or in a natural crease in the forehead. We rarely recommend this procedure for our patients because this technique does not address the issue of removing excess skin and the incisions are conspicuous.
3) Coronal – The incision is made behind the hairline. The hairline is raised as a result of the procedure, so we only perform this surgery on women with a low forehead. (see example photo )
4) Hairline – The incision is made at the hairline. We developed this procedure because the majority of women who need a brow lift, do not want to raise their hairline. This technique also allows us to lower the hairline for women who have a high forehead, while lifting their brows. (see example photo ) For more information on hairline lowering, please visit our Hairline Lowering section.
5) Forehead/Browlift – The ENDOTINE Forehead/Browlift offer a novel elegant solution designed specifically for elevating the forehead tissue in brow lift surgery. It provides multiple points of contact with elevated forehead tissue in order to create a more even and gentle distribution of holding strength
The result is a rested, relaxed and natural appearance, not a “surprised” look. The incision is concealed within the hairline and women can wear their hair in any style they want following their procedure.
In male brow lift Beverly Hills patients with a full head of hair, and without recessions, we can apply the same principles as we do for our female patients. However, we must consider the progression of male pattern baldness in most men. Therefore, the forehead lift is often combined with hair replacement surgery.
We can perform the forehead or eyebrow lift at the same time as eyelid surgery, depending upon the needs of the patient. Postoperatively the patient will wear a dressing for one day. This procedure may cause temporary swelling and bruising around the eyes. There is a temporary loss of sensation in the scalp, but this resolves with time.